Pre-registration: at Bear Country Kitchen until January 28th. Registration 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at RED Mountain Resort in the Conference Room.
NEW ROUTE 2017 - Course begins and ends at RED Mountain Resort
Fun for everyone!
Start time: 1pm
Skier/Boarder must be at the top of Sally's Alley at 12:45
Downhill Skier / Snowshoer / Cross Country skier / Biker / Runner
Cost: $50 per team, or $20 for individual entries.
Sonny Samuelson Bobsled Race
This Winter Carnival favourite takes place on Spokane St in beautiful downtown Rossland. Speeds reach up to 85kms per hour and are tracked with a speed gun. This event starts early- at 9:30 am- so ensure to get there early to get a good seat.
- Contact for the event is Kelly Acheson firstname.lastname@example.org
- registration fee is $140/team. Pre-registration is required PRE-REGISTER HERE
- MANDATORY INSPECTION Thursday, Jan.18 , 2018, 7:00pm Royal Canadian Legion Branch 14- 2081 Washington St, Rossland, BC
* brake & steering inspection - brakes must be able to lift machine / no left right independent brakes allowed
* NO dangerous sharp things (such as spears, sharp antlers, metal pipe etc) sticking out at all!! They could impale you or a small child.
- helmets mandatory - googles and padding recommended
Bobsled Calcutta Auction
Bobsled Calcutta Auction starts at 8pm at the Legion. Everyone welcome. Come bid on your favorite team. If your team places 1st, 2nd or 3rd you WIN cash!
Each bobsled team is auctioned off to the highest bidder
Money raised in the auction is put into a prize pool
If the team you buy comes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or the one 'wild place" in the bobsled race on Saturday, you win a percentage of the prize pool. That's cash money!